There are a lot of things to do when you are planning to get married. It can be a very time consuming process and can be very stressful. In fact, it can be so stressful that there are some things you can easily forget to do when planning your wedding. I know from first hand experience, I forgot to order centerpieces for the wedding reception. Oops!?!?!
My hopes are that this list is pretty intense and one that you can rely on when planning your wedding. So enough with the small talk, let’s get this started.
Four Months In Advance
- Arrange for your parents to meet if you haven’t done so already.
- Reach out to your friends and family to let them know you are getting married and ask for their addresses so you can send invitations out.
- Pick and finalize a date to tie the knot.
- Purchase you wedding dress.
- Compile your complete guest list.
- Reach out to anyone else on the guest list you haven’t notified and get their addresses.
- Determine your budget.
- Find a wedding reception venue.
- Look into a good wedding photographer.
- Research different catering options.
Three Months In Advance
- Get engagement pictures taken.
- Purchase your husbands wedding band.
- Build a wedding registry at Target and Bed Bath & Beyond.
- Reserve the wedding reception venue.
- Decide on reception decorations.
- Build a menu if you are serving dinner.
- Get wedding invitations ordered.
- Book wedding photographer.
- Pick your bridesmaids and let them know.
- Book your honeymoon.
- Order tuxedos.
Two Months In Advance
- Send out wedding invitations.
- Try on your wedding dress again. The stress from planning a wedding can either make you gain some weight, or lose some.
- Go with your bridesmaids to get their dresses.
- Order your wedding cake.
One Month In Advance
- Party hard at your bachelorette party.
- Follow up with guests on your guest list.
- Prepare your vows.
- Prepare a toast to your new spouse.
I hope that this has been a pretty inclusive engagement checklist to help you plan your wedding. If you have any other suggestions that I might have overlooked, please feel free to leave them in the comments below and I will add them to this post.