This is a guest post from one of the regular readers of the EmpyreJewelry.com blog. Hope you enjoy the post!!
When it comes to getting down on one knee, no one does it quite like the Hollywood A-listers. Impressing these high maintenance mademoiselles means shelling out on some serious bling. From radiant cut rocks to spectacular solitaires, these engagement rings showcase the best of the best.
1. Hollywood royalty Brad Pitt certainly made fiancée Angelina Jolie wait before presenting her with her $250,000 ring. We got to take a glimpse at the stunning engagement ring in April 2012 and boy, were we impressed. The elongated, tablet shaped sparkler took Brad and Robert Procop, former CEO of Asprey’s in London, a year to design and suits her classic style perfectly.
2. Horizontally set stones are making a comeback, and this trend makes stones look huge. Great in oval, marquise and emerald cuts, just like Kate Beckinsale’s classic solitaire. Her ring is reminiscent of Priscilla Presley’s, and you can’t get more Hollywood than that!
3. Many celebrities opt for unique, vintage engagement rings for a timeless, romantic look. Jessica Biel’s $130,000, 6-carat, radiant cut ring features a double halo and a scrolling, rope-style, diamond infinity band that Justin chose all by himself! Jealous, much?
4. Floral motifs have been huge in 2012, and no one wears this trend better than Miley. Her $100,000, 3.5-carat, hand crafted engagement ring has a beautiful floral design in an art nouveau style. Her fiancé, Liam Hemsworth, looks pretty good, too.
5. Split shank engagement rings such as Beyoncé’s are everywhere in Hollywood. Her cleaved band separates into two, pavé set diamond strands that really enhance the 18-carat, flawless, emerald cut diamond crown. This Lorraine Schwartz ring is worth more than $5 million, and we’d expect nothing less from the biggest diva in the game. Jennifer Hudson shares a similar style, but her 5-carat ring has a round center stone fit for any dream girl.
6. The tapered baguette diamonds, bar channel set in beautiful platinum, on Kate Hudson’s ring, frame her 9-carat, emerald-cut diamond perfectly. This $200,000 ring is a quintessential classic, and we think Matt Bellamy did fabulously in choosing it.
7. Gem stones have always been popular for stunning unique rings. And how could we not mention the Duchess of Cambridge’s 18-carat oval sapphire ring. The sapphire originally belonged to Prince William’s late mother, Princess Diana, and is surrounded by 14 smaller white diamonds. This ring has been copied the world over since Will proposed in November 2010 and is bound to remain a firm favorite with royal wedding enthusiasts well into the decade.
8. Mariah Carey’s one of a kind Jacob & Co. ring is worth $2.5 million. The 10-carat pink diamond center stone really embodies the trend for rare, colored diamonds, and is surrounded by 58 more pink diamonds and a half moon-cut diamond on either side.
9. Alternative ladies might prefer a less classically cut diamond, such as Katherine Heigl’s 3-carat pear. It’s surrounded by pavé diamonds, and the band actually incorporates some of her mother’s engagement ring.
10. Back to vintage with Ashlee Simpson’s art deco inspired, 4-carat asscher cut, pave diamond cluster frame. The ring cost approximately $150,000 and is perfect for the pop-reality star.
About the author: James Daugherty is a blogger from Seattle, WA. You can read more about him by visiting his blog www.jamazingfood.com